Catching airHouse of Air has attractions ranging from a trampoline dodge ball arena to trampoline basketball hoops and, of course, the trampoline matrix — a grid of squares where kids can pounce, turn flips, and soar.But a few things set House of Air apart.First, an Air Junior area caters specifically to the younger set. "It's nice for families that come with younger siblings," says Alec Cotten, general manager. Air Junior has activities like a trampoline grid complete with smaller squares for smaller jumpers, a ninja course with just the right challenge level for younger kids, and a playscape that keeps kids entertained. There's even a toddler area for kids ages 2 and under, who enjoy free admission.One safety measure, according to Cotten, is that the squares in the park's main trampoline matrix are small, and the park encourages one person per trampoline. That, he says, makes for less likely collisions among jumpers."We would like to say we are the safest trampoline park in San Antonio," says Cotten, who notes that monitors constantly watch the jumpers at play and that House of Air follows all precautionary measures set by ASTM International, a company that develops voluntary safety standards, and helped the trampoline park industry develop a consensus on safety measures.In the wall climbing section, a no-harness-required area allows kids to free climb and crash on an air bag-style floor mat while another climbing wall section offers harness-required heights and four different styles to provide variety.Cotten notes this type of safety mat differs from foam pit styles, providing a top landing surface so kids can't fall as far as they would into a foam pit. It's also easier to clean and sanitize.
Beyond bouncingKids can explore other activities, including a slack line to test balance and a jousting beam to knock over friends.It's the indoor zipline, however, that draws a constant crowd until kids finally tire themselves out and move on. The ninja course provides three lanes of challenges for those determined enough to finish all of them. "It's rather hard, so people keep coming back to try it," says Cotten.A full-service snack bar provides energy for the fatigued, offering pizza, chicken fingers, and snacks. And the birthday party business is already in full-swing for the park, with private party rooms available.San Antonio's newest family-friendly spot lets kids bounce off the walls — literally — while keeping parents from bouncing off them, too.
Entry Level Position
House of Air is searching for highly energetic and customer-savvy individuals who LOVE the idea of working in a trampoline adrenaline park and who are looking for a truly unique and fun work environment. If you love trampolines and you are what your friends call an extrovert then the House of Air team wants you!
We are currently hiring for Flight Crew, Floor Supervisors, Party Hosts, Café Staff, and Janitorial Staff.
Now Recruiting for Flight Crew
Coverage Needed Up to 30 hours per week with weekend and evening availability required.
Flight Crew members have duties as Trampoline Court & Attraction Monitors, Front Desk & Customer Service Crew, and Park Upkeep Crew.
Trampoline Court & Attraction Monitor Responsibilities
- Promote safety throughout the park at all times
- Communicate with customers in the attraction zones to promote safe customer engagement
- Provide monitoring coverage across all attraction zones as needed
- Remain alert and attentive
- Enforce all House of Air risk management policies
Front Desk & Customer Service Crew Responsibilities
- Ensure that customers feel welcome at the House of Air
- Check-in all guests following House of Air check-in procedures
- Work in retail, check-in, rental, and café areas as needed
- Review waivers, and connect documents with jumper reservations
- Provide assistance with phone calls, as needed
- Facilitate customer requests or forward on to an appropriate manager
- Communicate product & program offerings and other special events to customers and guests
- Schedule reservations for services for customers
- Follow point of sale and cash handling procedures and policies
- Assist with restroom and general park clean up as needed
- Maintain knowledge of park services and schedules
- Execute on all opening and closing procedures, as assigned
- All other Flight Crew duties, as assigned
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong customer service skills
- High energy level and a positive attitude
- Ability to follow procedures and direction
- Strong organizational skills
- Proficient reading and writing skills
- Current CPR / First Aid certification is desired
- Previous trampoline experience is a plus
- Previous customer service experience is a plus
- Previous retail or restaurant experience is a plus
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds
Please submit your cover letter and resume through our Online application submission form.